Sunday, May 20, 2018

W(h)ine

Check out the top left corner.
It's May 2-4.  We'd planned to go camping and hiking this weekend.  I had too much homework.  So we planned to just take one day and go hiking and have a fire in the woods.  I had too much homework.  Soooo....

I have spent most of my weekend studying, or at least trying to get studying in, while squeezing family time in between papers and books and online posting.

I chose this.  I chose this?  What?  Why would anyone in their right mind choose this at 47 years old after already spending more than 25 years in formal schooling already?  No, really.  Why?

Oh, yes.... I WANT to.  Sweet lord. 

I just wasted 20 minutes scrolling social media.  When I was in my teens and 20s, I used to clean whenever I had to study.  Now... I scroll.  No need to have a clean house when you have school for an excuse for it being a mess.  Anyway, scrolling social media on May 24th weekend when all of your "friends" (in quotes because I hardly know most of the people on my social media) are hiking and having fires and taking snaps with friends and biking and hiking and camping and fishing and exploring the outdoors and just having an awesome time... is just not a good thing to do when one should be reading that last chapter before she has to post something on the discussion board - for real marks.  And there are only two hours of free time while the six year old is at a birthday party.

So I decided to have a glass of wine.  Study too.  Wine plus study.  Makes sense, right?  I don't even drink much.  But this idea of drinking wine while studying just came to me.  I know... slow learner.  I never did this before.  Don't get me wrong... pre-children, I went to class occasionally somewhat hung over.  But I didn't drink WHILE studying.  I simply replaced studying with drinking.  Now, I'm much wiser.  I am going to drink AND study. 

#the47yearoldstudent #thewhiningstudent #studyandwine

No comments:

Post a Comment