Monday, May 21, 2018

Mama Bear, Baby Bear, and The Post

Baby Bear Wins
The wine was a bad idea.  It is not hard to tell I don't drink much.  I had three or four sips and felt so sleepy I could barely read.  I put the wine down and drank water instead.   I was so zonked after finally completing my work, that I did not ever drink my wine.

Young students... do not follow my lead.

The story gets better.  My youngest was feeling miserable last night.  I could have told my husband to put her to bed.  But, Mama Bear instincts kicked in.  Baby Bear had a bit of trouble going to sleep, her eyes were weepy, her nose was stuffy.  And Mama Bear had to hold her. 

It's easy to forget about school at these moments.  I remember this from being in school when my oldest was just in pre-school.  One time she stepped in a wasp nest and got about a dozen or more stings and the daycare called me (there were no cell phones - I happened to be home studying for a test later that day).  I dropped everything and ran to the daycare - I had no car - and brought her to the doctor.  She was fine.  I missed my test. 

Baby Bear always wins over school.

Anyway, at 10:30 last night, my husband comes into my youngest's bedroom and practically kicks me out of bed to get my post finished for one of my courses.  I whined.  For real.  But I did it.  I went out there and figured out something to write.  I had trouble finding the information I was seeking.  I felt a little 'stupid' to be honest. Was I missing something?  I've read all the material assigned.  The question is clearly asking about something I have not read.  Am I supposed to know what that criteria is?  How can I find out so I can answer the question?  Maybe I should answer a different question.  No, I have only 30 minutes left before the posting cut off time.  So I stick to the question I started.  I answer it to the best of my ability... spending most of the time looking through chapters in the book that were not even assigned.... thinking I missed something.... others seems to have a better idea about this.  Did they learn it in a different course?  Agghh!

Well.... I wrote something... tried to make sense of theory and application and make my writing flow so it is not too confusing to read... and voila!  11:27 I am finished and ready to post!  Three minutes to spare.

Not.

I need to provide references.  I need to do it in APA format. 11:30 and voila!  Ready.  And it won't post.  The deadline is up.  I can't post it.  No more posting.  It reminded me of when time is up for an exam and you'd be desperately writing and the teacher comes and takes your paper from under your pencil and the pencil marking slides across the paper and he/she pulls it away.  So I post it in the question section... the wrong section.... and it's late by the time I get it done. 

And I emailed the prof and she accepted it.

Phew!



No comments:

Post a Comment